Overview: Sunday May 28 Memorial Day Weekend 2017. My friends and I decided to ditch the crowds at Yosemite and enjoy a local hike in the mountains near Oakhurst/Bass Lake. This hike was beautiful from the scenic waterfalls to the mountainous scenery. We even saw a few nudists enjoy the nice weather.
Directions: We arrived at the trailhead at 9:30AM from Fresno, CA onto 41N, past Oakhurst, CA,then took a right on Road 222, then kept left onto Road 274. There is no clear trailhead from Road 274, but we were lucky to find one car parked on the left side. If you pass roaring waters on Road 274 you have gone too far. The trailhead parking is down a dirt path off of 274.
- Once you park, follow the paths close to the river. you can go either left or right. Just don’t get on a road path. That is the wrong way to Angel Falls. The trail is near the river the whole time, also do not go in the water unless it is shallow and the water is not fast.
- Bring bug spray and sunscreen
- Bring water and snacks/lunch
- Expect to see some ass and don’t disturb the nudists
- Arrive early (9AM-10AM) as trailhead parking is limited or park on Road 274
- Bring extra clothes if you would like to get in the water